Fondation pour le Développement de la Médecine lnterne en Europe
Stiftung für die Förderung der Inneren Medizin in Europa
Foundation for the Development of Internal Medicine in Europe
The Foundation for the Development of Internal Medicine in Europe (FDIME) is a Swiss Foundation, founded in Geneva on 17 01 2003. FDIME was established to achieve the following goals:
- to support and develop Internal Medicine as an overarching specialty forthe adult patient
- to develop the knowledge and the understanding ofthe pathophysiology, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases in relation to Internal Medicine
- to promote biomedical, clinical, behavioral, nutritional and epidemiology research in the field of Internal Medicine
- to help increase the understanding of diseases dealt with by Internal Medicine
- to promote the education of doctors and other health professionals in Internal Medicine at all stages of their careers
- to establish and maintain contact with other institutions and companies undertaking similar activities
- to undertake any activity contributing to achieve the aforementioned goals
Activities are managed by Board Members who work voluntarily to achieve these goals.
FDIME is a non-profit making organisation, fully dependent on donations to support Internal Medicine. Donations are used to fund future projects.
FDIME subscribes to TGE (Transnational Giving Europe) which allows supporters in European countries to donate with the benefit of tax relief. Bank account details for donations to be made are available either at Becoming a Sponsor or at Acquiring Patronage.